Death To My Hometown from Wrecking Ball……Enjoy!
When I started this Blog my intent was to start a dialog with other people on the internet that share my love of music. In two short months I am happy to report that music lovers from 16 different countries have visited this blog; however, so far this has been a monologue. Please help start the dialog by contacting me and letting me know: what you think about the blog; what you think about specific blog posts; or topics that you would like to have me address in future posts. There are three ways that you can provide me with your input:
- Use the comment feature at the end of each blog posts
- Send an email message to: email@example.com
- Send a tweet to: musicnotheard
To kick things off, please read my blog post from yesterday and let me know the music releases so far in 2012 that have you the most excited. I will share the best feedback that I get in a future blog post.
Thanks again for reading my blog and thanks in advance for providing your input. I am working on some exciting new themes for upcoming posts that I think you will really enjoy so please check back often.
Here are a few things that you might have missed so far this year. If you give them a chance, I think you will find some new music that you like. My favorites are Kathleen Edwards, Snow Patrol, and Bruce Springsteen.
I have also include a couple of coming attractions for upcoming releases scheduled for the next couple of months.
1. Todd Snider, In Between Jobs (Album: Agnostic Hymns and Stoner Fables)
A hard, unblinking look at our country, as it exists today.
Bonus Todd Snider: Conservative Christian……
2. Alex Chilton, EMI Song (Album: The “1970” Session)
Alex between the Box Tops and Big Star. Enjoy!
3. The Cranberries, Tomorrow (Album: Roses)
The Cranberries are back….in a big way.
4. Kathleen Edwards, Change The Sheets (Album: Voyageur)
I have been a fan for years. With Justin Vernon of Bon Iver on board as producer, she has exceeded my expectations.
5. Jackson Browne, Love Minus Zero/No Limit (Album: Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan)
Jackson and Dylan….need I say more?
6. Snow Patrol, The Garden Rules (Album: Fallen Empires)
I love Snow Patrol. This album continues to grow on me.
7. Not An Airplane, Speak In (Album: It Could Just Be This Place)
Alt Country’s version of mini rock operas.
8. Bruce Springsteen, Shackled and Drawn (Album: Wrecking Ball)
Bruce holds up a mirror to the US in 2012. Why has this man not been appointed Poet Laureate?
9. The Jezabels, Endless Summer (Album: Prisoner)
An amazing US debut for The Jezabels!
10. Kevin Gordon, Colfax/Step In Time (Album: Gloryland)
I have been saving this one for a Long Song Tuesday post but Kevin deserves a shout out as one of the best so far in 2012.
Looking Forward To These In The Next Few Months
1. Alabama Shakes, How Many More Times (Album: Boys and Girls – April 10, 2012)
This group hits close to home…literally. This Led Zeppelin cover is not on their upcoming album but it provides an excellent introduction to the group.
2. Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Horse Back (Album: ???)
Do you sit around and worry that no one remembers the art of the jam? Rest easy…the Horse is back. I can’t wait for the new album.
3. The Temper Trap, Rabbit Hole (Album: The Temper Trap – June 5, 2012)
I have to be honest, this first track from the upcoming album by The Temper Trap was a disappointment to me. Still hoping the remaining songs on the new album will be as good as those on Conditions.